Search Unity

How to visualize many parameter in Data Explorer?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by IntDev, Sep 16, 2015.

1. IntDev

IntDev

I have a custom event like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Analytics.CustomEvent("Level Complete", new Dictionary<string, object> {
    2.       { "minigame", minigame.name },
    3.       { "level", completedLevels }
    4. });
    In the Unity Analytics' Data Explorer tab, how can I visualize in a same graph both level and minigame parameters together for that custom event? I could only find how to visualize each parameter separately.

2. jpv1234

jpv1234

I have the same problem. I send custom events with parameters that are related to each other. For example scene name and time spent inside that level. I need to see the register as I send it, otherwise is useless the info

IntDev likes this.
  3. mpinol

mpinol

4. IntDev

IntDev

I don't have any votes left. How do I get more?

5. jpv1234

jpv1234

Thanks mpinol. I voted for the feature since it is essential for analytics, I'm quite impressed that it hasn't been implemented yet. Any idea when is going to be available this feature? Is the most voted for the analytics category

6. mpinol

mpinol

@IntDev,

I believe every user is limited to only ten votes and I am not sure if we can allot users more, I will look into this and will update this post if I find that we can.

@jpv1234,

Thank you for voting! All of your votes and forum posts are just making it more and more apparent that this is a feature we need to implement. We are currently working on some other really exciting projects so I can't really give you any concrete timeline but my team will be looking into the possibility of addressing it based off of the community support.

7. jpv1234

jpv1234

8. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @jpv1234,

This is kind of a complicated feature to implement as there are so many possible use cases it is difficult to generalize enough so that it will be usable for most developers. Our current system is set up to deal with data aggregations, like counts, sums, and totals of events opposed to distributions and correlations of data from individuals, like the thread you posted discussed. One of the solutions we have been working on is a Raw Data export feature that gives you access to your raw data which you can then run your own custom queries over.

Thank you for the suggestion of letting users know exactly what features were are currently working on, it is a great idea and I will pass it along throughout the team.

9. skullthug

skullthug

I actually came to ask the same question. I jumped onto Unity Analytics back in Feb expecting this to be fairly around the corner because it's such a critical thing, but now it's in that weird void of will it ever get done?
    It's just bizarre to comprehend because viewing each parameter separately works great, so I'm confused how just viewing multiple parameters is so funky.

10. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @skullthug,

I might need to clarify my last comment, viewing multiple parameters at the same time is not entirely that complicated to introduce and it is something we have been discussing earlier today. The post that jpv1234 linked to had some discussion about being able to view distributions of how two parameters correlate to one another which is the part that is difficult to generalize and implement.

skullthug likes this.
  11. jpv1234

jpv1234

It would be great if we could see all the parameters at the same time. With just a pie chart we could have a lot of useful info!

Thanks for passing the idea to the team! Is great to know that unity takes care of us, the users =D

mpinol likes this.
  12. jpv1234

jpv1234

Please don't forget about this :( I'm sure many people will appreciate viewing multiple parameters at the same time

13. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @jpv1234,

I cannot give you any real information but just know that I have been advocating to add this feature for you!

skullthug and jpv1234 like this.
  14. jpv1234

jpv1234

Thank you! :D

15. g8minhquan

g8minhquan

@mpinol It's almost 2 years later and this feature is still not available.
    We really need to track something like how many people got "level_completed" at "level=10" AND "stars=3"
    Could you please update us about this feature? If it's not going to be added soon I think I'll switch to another analytics solution :( despite the fact that I really like Unity Analytics' simplicity

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

17. g8minhquan

g8minhquan

@JeffDUnity3D I has just moved from Firebase/BigQuery to Unity Analytics as I love its simplicity. Honestly if I have to use Raw Data Export for such common data I would go back to Firebase/BigQuery for the cheaper cost.
    Anyway thanks for the answer :)