Search Unity

How to Vibrate?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by io-games, Oct 14, 2019.

1. io-games

io-games

Hi!

Is there any method for vibrating?

I'm interested in ds4, switch.

2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Code (CSharp):
    1. gamepad.SetMotorSpeeds(0.123f, 0.234f);

io-games likes this.
  3. crocvr

crocvr

Is it applicable for htc vive joysticks?

4. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

The Vive controller has a different haptics interface.

Code (CSharp):
    1. viveController.SendImpulse(amplitude, duration);

io-games likes this.
  5. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

does it working on PS4 and XB one consoles?
    and what about android vibration?

6. Jichaels

Jichaels

Mmmh, maybe I'm really unlucky, but wtf xD

I just added this line into my GameManager Awake():

Gamepad.current.SetMotorSpeed(0.1f, 0.8f)

Just to try. It didn't stopped vibrating after like 3-4 seconds so I panicked a bit and unplugged my controller. My pc froze I had to force shutdown.

Has this happened to anyone ?

7. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Yes.

No rumble support (yet? from all I know Android is making this one quite tricky).

8. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

awesome :]

9. Gametyme

Gametyme

I cant get Xbox one controller to rumble on pc. Do you have to have it setup as an xbox controller in control schemes or should it also work as a gamepad?

edit: my batteries were low. It works now:oops:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  10. windwoes

windwoes

For reasons completely unrelated to Unity for Android, I've written an Android userspace USB driver for PS4 and Xbox360 protocol-compatible gamepads (though, adding support for other protocols probably wouldn't be too hard with a known specification for the packet structure). This allows complete control over the controller regardless of Android device model or Android version, enabling use of features not supported by the Android InputDevice stack / Linux kernel driver. Namely, controlling the rumble motors and LEDs on these gamepads, as well as reading the unique serial number (perhaps useful for storing a per-controller calibration).

I have no experience with Unity, so I'm not sure whether this is something that app devs could easily bolt onto their apps and make use of, or whether it would need to be added to the (closed source?) unity core. Happy to discuss if there's any interest.

11. angelonit

angelonit

The name 'gamepad' does not exist in the current context

Do I need any special packages for this?
    3- Set the option called "Active Input Handling" to "Input System Package (new)" or "Both"
    4- Finally in your Script you have to include "using UnityEngine.InputSystem;" at the top.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    Prajwal_0 and pandacraftguy like this.
  12. Lughinu

Lughinu

new API:
    Gamepad.current.SetMotorSpeeds(0.123f, 0.234f);

CiroContns likes this.
  13. CaseyHofland

CaseyHofland

I read in the docs that the Switch Controller Rumble is not yet supported in the Editor, but will it work if we release the game on steam and someone is playing with a switch controller via their laptop?

I would also like to know if editor support for the switch controller is coming - right now I'm lending a ps4 controller from a friend but it's definitely not a long-term solution :')

Edit:
    I should mention I have a switch dev-kit: I know the NDA doesn’t allow to go into detail, but is it at least possible to support switch rumble using it? At least then I won’t go on a witch hunt for it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  14. joelprogrammer

joelprogrammer

Hi, I managed to vibrate my controller with Gamepad.current.setMotorspeeds() but I don't know how to vibrate my t248 thrusmater steering wheel.
    Can you help me?

15. Liderangel

Liderangel

Hey, I'm from 4 years into the future. Is there rumble support for phones now?

HouinKyouma27 likes this.