Search Unity

Question How to use Vuforia together with ARFoundation face tracking?

Discussion in 'AR' started by redhuck, May 30, 2023.

1. redhuck

redhuck

I'm trying to add Vuforia to very basic ARFoundation face tracking.

Vuforia wensite says I can add Vuforia to an ARFoundation scene, so I followed the instructions.

My ARFoundation scene is really basic, just following this tutorial, which uses AR Face Manager to detect and apply a AR Default Face Prefab with basic material. There's no single line of code.

I added Vuforia SDK to the project, and added Vuforia Behaviour component to the ARFoundation's AR Camera object, and added License Key to Vuforia Engine Configuration.

When I play in editor, the webcam shows my face but the face tracking does not work.
    When I disable the Vuforia Behaviour component and try build and run, the ARFoundation face tracking works on Android phone just fine.
    When I leave the Vuforia Behaviour component on and try build and run, the app uses the World side of camera on Android phone and face tracking does not work.

I want to use the webcam while I'm developing on desktop.
    How can this be done?

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

3. makaka-org

makaka-org

Can you describe your case in more details?
    What features of Vuforia you are using on the same scene in addition to Face Tracking by AR Foundation?

You can use AR Foundation Remote editor plugin for fast developing without building every time. I am uncertain if it is possible when Vuforia staff is on the scene @KyryloKuzyk

4. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Unfortunately, no, AR Foundation Remote doesn't work with Vuforia. Some time ago I tried contacting the Vuforia team to help them integrate their SDK with my plugin, but they didn't seem very interested. This is a pity because they SDK can run in the Editor with a relatively small amount of work and save their customers a lot of development time.

makaka-org likes this.