Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

How to use Vive controller trigger input

Discussion in 'VR' started by ckrogmeier, Jun 20, 2019.

1. ckrogmeier

ckrogmeier

Hello,

How can I use the trigger on the Vive controller to change material on an object in Unity?

I already have the space bar set up to do this, but want to switch it to the vive trigger which actually changes the material.

I have found various tutorials for vive controller input, but the scripting isn't recognized. I should be on the most updated version of Steam. I have put using Valve.VR at the top of the script.

Specifically what is not recognized is the _default part of

SteamVR_Input._default.inActions.GrabPinch.GetStateDown(SteamVR_Input_Sources.Any)

Thanks,
    C

2. Mr-Chuckchucky

Mr-Chuckchucky

Hi,

Steamvr change the way you get the actions, but you can try it :

Code (CSharp):
    2.     private void Start()
    3.     {
    4.         SteamVR_Actions.default_GrabPinch.AddOnStateDownListener(TriggerPressed, SteamVR_Input_Sources.Any);
    5.     }
    7.     private void TriggerPressed(SteamVR_Action_Boolean fromAction, SteamVR_Input_Sources fromSource)
    8.     {
    9.         //Do something
    10.     }

3. ckrogmeier

ckrogmeier

thank you!

unityunity