Search Unity

Question How to use UV chooser

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by MatheusMarkies, Mar 7, 2020.

1. MatheusMarkies

MatheusMarkies

I found this sub shader in some unity files. I searched the internet but I couldn't find its function.
    Shader:
    Capturar2.PNG
    SubShader:
    Capturar.PNG
    Can someone explain to me the reason for using this "UVchooser"?

2. andybak

andybak

3. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

That is a subgraph and it's not something that Shader Graph has actually shipped. It's from an example project somewhere so unfortunately I have no idea.

WendelinReich likes this.
  4. andybak

andybak

@alexandral_unity See above. It's part of your measured materials library - which I think is related to your automotive push?

5. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

Please see where I said it's not something _Shader Graph_ has actually shipped. It's a demo project from someone at Unity but was not shipped inside of our package or by someone on our team.

6. andybak

andybak

@alexandral_unity From https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/MeasuredMaterialLibraryhdrp

"This is a sample Unity Project showcasing the Measured Material Library in High Definition Render Pipeline."

Makes it sound like the example project is a demo but the Library itself is something more strategic?

In any case - *somebody* made the UV chooser - I guess OP and myself are both wondering if they could spare a minute to write a quick sentence about it.

7. MatheusMarkies

MatheusMarkies

8. BBigG

BBigG

Did anyone find a description to the UVchooser, UVchooser_Normal and UVchooser_Mask yet?

9. andybak

andybak

No and apparently nobody at Unity has any idea who made this thing.

If only version control kept a record of contributors.

Oh wait!

10. andybak

andybak

@alexandral_unity - according to Github Kristijonas Jalnionis is the person who made this (or at least their name is on the commits). Any idea if they are still with Unity and if so what their username on this forum is?

It would be great if they could spare 10 minutes to reply here with some guidance.

MatheusMarkies likes this.