Search Unity

How to use Unity for 3d interface for desktop application of wireless AC current sensor

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by sna_ca32, Jan 3, 2019.

1. sna_ca32

sna_ca32

Hey, I have been working on the desktop application for AC current monitoring system uses wireless AC current sensor to receive the data serially by importing serial package used in the python script.

For GUI, I am using the Tkinter package in which I have created the drop-down list and message box button to display the message.

But how can I create the 3d interface which helps me to create the much good looking desktop application?
    Any suggestion on this will be a great help.

2. mgear

mgear

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

What's your definition of a "good looking desktop application"? It's important to understand that Unity's UI won't look like a normal desktop application, it will look like a video game UI. If you want a normal desktop application appearance you will need to use a normal desktop application development program like Visual C# or Xamarin.

JeffDUnity3D and Joe-Censored like this.
  4. VeriVolt

VeriVolt

To use Unity for a 3D interface for a desktop application of a wireless AC current sensor, you can follow these general steps:

1. Install Unity: You can download and install the latest version of Unity from the Unity website.

2. Create a new project: After installing Unity, create a new project and choose a 3D template to work with.

3. Import necessary assets: You may need to import assets for your project, such as 3D models, textures, and animations.

4. Create UI elements: Unity provides a range of UI elements that you can use to create the interface for your application. You can drag and drop these elements onto the canvas and customize them as needed.

5. Connect to wireless AC current sensor: You will need to use the appropriate communication protocol to connect to the wireless AC current sensor. This will likely involve writing some code or using a plugin to handle the communication.

6. Display data: Once you have established a connection to the sensor, you can use Unity to display the sensor data in real-time. You can create visualizations, charts, or graphs to represent the data, or use Unity's built-in physics engine to create animations.

7. Test and refine: Once you have created the basic interface and integrated the sensor data, test the application and refine it as necessary. You may need to make adjustments to the UI or the sensor communication to optimize the performance and usability of the application.
    Overall, using Unity for a 3D interface for a desktop application of a wireless AC current sensor requires a combination of programming, design, and technical skills. You