Search Unity

How to use unity ads?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by multiplyer, Sep 25, 2015.

1. multiplyer

multiplyer

the only experience I have of using ads is on xcode, where you place a banner ad onto your canvas. on unity, however, it seems to be different and as unity ads are seemingly new, there doesn't seem to be much info on how to use them online. could anyone help me out? thanks

2. sluice

sluice

3. GoofBall101

GoofBall101

I would prefer ChartBoost. Its much easier to use in my opinion. Also it think you get more dough.

4. sluice

sluice

@GoofBall101, either way it won't be much dough. This can't be seen as the main source of revenue for your game.

5. multiplyer

multiplyer

you're presuming the success of the game

6. sluice

sluice

Unless you game has immense success, you won't see much cash from Ads revenue.

That said, I'm not saying to NOT implement them. But don't count on making a living out of it in most cases.

Q: How much money can I make from my game?
    A: How much the revenue will be for your game, that naturally depends on many factors - which platform are you on (iOS or Android), from which country your players are from, what kind of placements you do, etc., but most important is the number of players you have.

Typically the revenue delivered per 1000 video starts is between 6 .. 12 USD, depending on the country.

7. multiplyer

multiplyer

yeah I know. I understand the system. Also, I never said it's the only source

8. multiplyer

multiplyer

oh I just noticed unity doesn't seem to do banner ads? that sucks. I think I'll use admob or iad maybe. unity ads doesn't look too great at the moment

9. sluice

sluice

@multiplyer, Doesn't banner ads only give you revenu when a user actually clicks on the ad?
    Also, as a user point of view, banner ads are just plain annoying. (Even worst is mixing both type of ads!)

Video ads, you get a revenu if the user watches X seconds of the video and I think, is a much guaranteed source of revenue than banner ads.

10. multiplyer

multiplyer

nope. you get ad revenue for just having banner ads there, however, you get more when someone clicks

11. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

You cant have used Unity Ads then.

Unity ads is fully integrated into the editor now. Doesnt even require an android manifest change.

multiplyer likes this.
  12. multiplyer

multiplyer

I've used it and it works pretty well. Which do you make more money with, though?