Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use the lk solver of ros in the pick and placeproject dome to control the end pose of niryo-o

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by wh1997, Jan 4, 2022.

1. wh1997

wh1997

我想控制拾取和放置圆顶中机械臂的结束姿势。我想在ros中使用求解器。演示中是否有用于控制结束姿势的 gui?我该怎么做?

2. wh1997

wh1997

I want to control the ending posture of the robotic arm in the pick and place dome. I want to use solver in ros. Is there a gui for controlling the ending posture in the demo? what should I do?

3. amanda-unity

amanda-unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for checking out the Pick-and-Place demo! The functionality of this demo sends a known location--the target cube's pose--to MoveIt for motion planning on the ROS side.

There is no built-in GUI for controlling this target point, but you can modify the scripts such that it includes a GUI field for the desired ending posture, and send a MoverServiceResponse using the GUI's value instead of the target cube's pose. You can refer to the existing PublishJoints() function for reference, swapping out the
    request.pick_pose
    with your desired value.

wh1997 likes this.
  4. wh1997

wh1997

Thank you for your answer, which solved my confusion. By the way, can the end point of a given robotic arm be all done in the c# script of unity? And it doesn’t need to be set on the ros side,Once I give the target pose, the ros side will plan the movement to complete, right?

5. amanda-unity

amanda-unity

Unity Technologies

Due to the way the project is set up--yes, you can set the end point of the robotic arm in the C# scripts on the Unity side.

For clarity, setting the target pose in the C# script is creating and sending a custom ROS service request message. The service response is constructed in mover.py--you can see here how the request is passed to MoveIt for trajectory planning.