Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use the lk solver of ros in the pick and placeproject dome to control the end pose of niryo-o

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by wh1997, Jan 4, 2022.

1. wh1997

wh1997

我想控制拾取和放置圆顶中机械臂的结束姿势。我想在ros中使用求解器。演示中是否有用于控制结束姿势的 gui?我该怎么做?

2. wh1997

wh1997

I want to control the ending posture of the robotic arm in the pick and place dome. I want to use solver in ros. Is there a gui for controlling the ending posture in the demo? what should I do?

3. amanda-unity

amanda-unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for checking out the Pick-and-Place demo! The functionality of this demo sends a known location--the target cube's pose--to MoveIt for motion planning on the ROS side.

There is no built-in GUI for controlling this target point, but you can modify the scripts such that it includes a GUI field for the desired ending posture, and send a MoverServiceResponse using the GUI's value instead of the target cube's pose. You can refer to the existing PublishJoints() function for reference, swapping out the
    request.pick_pose
    with your desired value.

wh1997 likes this.
  4. wh1997

wh1997

Thank you for your answer, which solved my confusion. By the way, can the end point of a given robotic arm be all done in the c# script of unity? And it doesn’t need to be set on the ros side,Once I give the target pose, the ros side will plan the movement to complete, right?

5. amanda-unity

amanda-unity

Unity Technologies

Due to the way the project is set up--yes, you can set the end point of the robotic arm in the C# scripts on the Unity side.

For clarity, setting the target pose in the C# script is creating and sending a custom ROS service request message. The service response is constructed in mover.py--you can see here how the request is passed to MoveIt for trajectory planning.