Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

How to use PointCloud2DefaultVisualizer

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by alessandro7111, Oct 3, 2023.

1. alessandro7111

alessandro7111

Hello everyone!
    I have a topic "/camera/rgb/points" where i receive PointCloud2 messages. I want to use the Default Point Cloud 2 Visualization but i can't make it work.
    I created an Empty Object and attached PointCloud2DefaultVisualizer script to it with the topic name. When i press play nothing happens.
    upload_2023-10-3_17-30-29.png

2. Envilon

Envilon

I haven't used the visualization package as much myself, but there is an official example project created by Unity, where they used some kind of point cloud visualization, I believe. You might find it helpful to go through their setup instructions, especially for the visualization.

3. alessandro7111

alessandro7111

Thanks for the response! I solved by adding DefaultVisualizationSuite (prefab).