Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to use OnChanged removedImage correctly?

Discussion in 'AR' started by jreutelsterz, Sep 19, 2022.

1. jreutelsterz

jreutelsterz

In one of my projects I am usinga cube filled with pictures. Each of the pictures has his own model which is
    instantiated based on the position of the picutre. I just want to track the picture on top of the cube. Therefore I use the up vector. Now I tried it and have the problem on my iPad that the generated Modells aren't deleted correctly. There is also a Dictionary spawnedCharacter in which I store the one tracked image and fitting model. There should be just place for the one pair to ensure that there is just the one.

I am now struggeling with the removedImage Part and don't know how to go on or do it properly.

PS: I checkt it further and noticed that Im not entering the removedImage section at all. Used a Debug Line to see if I get inside

Thanks for your Help!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  2. davidmo_unity

davidmo_unity

Unity Technologies

Generally, you should be parenting your spawned content to the generate ARTrackedImage when tracking begins to implicitly capture pose updates and when remove gets called the parent ARTrackedImage will get destroyed which will also destroy your contentl.

3. jreutelsterz

jreutelsterz

Hi, so I tried to figure it out and just found the way via transform.SetParent. Is there any other SetParent Option or is it that one?

4. davidmo_unity

davidmo_unity

Unity Technologies

That is the one

5. jreutelsterz

jreutelsterz

Line 101 and 129 contain the setParent parameter

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  6. jreutelsterz

jreutelsterz

I tried to use it in the instantiation, update and both but sadly the Object is mostly set to my ARSessionOrigin Coordinate and not on the Image. Also I have a very hard jitter and the model moves to fast on its position.

7. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

8. jreutelsterz

jreutelsterz

andyb-unity likes this.