Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use new MaterialPropertyBlock uniform API with DrawProceduralIndirect

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by obviousjim, Mar 18, 2016.

1. obviousjim

obviousjim

Hi,

I'm excited about the support for uniform arrays in MaterialPropertyBlocks. However I think there may be a gap left in the new API that I have fallen into.

I'm using Graphics.DrawProceduralIndirect with a shader using uniform arrays. Previously I was able to pass the uniform array through:

material.SetVector("_MyUniform" + i, myVectorArray);

However, this stopped working which makes sense based on the updated description from 5.4b10 release notes:

Shader uniform array support. Uniform arrays can be set by new array APIs on MaterialPropertyBlock. The old way of setting array elements by using number-suffixed names is deprecated

But there does not seem to be a way to pass a material property block to a material when it's drawn through Graphics.DrawProceduralIndirect. So now it seems that I'm stuck without being able to use the new API, and a broken shader using the old API number-suffix approach.

Any advice would be helpful, thank you!

2. zeroyao

zeroyao

Unity Technologies

Oops yeah it indeed is something we should fix. I'll do it in a future beta.

3. obviousjim

obviousjim

Thank you!