Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted How to use Live face tracking

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by Stygian65, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Stygian65

Stygian65

2. Ricardotlpz

Ricardotlpz

3. Stygian65

Stygian65

The following is mentioned there:
    So I'm pretty sure it is needed. I've read somewhere on the forums that they will be releasing a free version of this plugin though, which would be great because then I don't have to sell a kidney :p

4. Ricardotlpz

Ricardotlpz

Well, seems it only applies if you want to use live video, so I'd keep my kidney using pre-recorded video lol

5. philc_unity

philc_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi all. Unfortunately we cannot provide the guidance you are hoping for but here it is:
    • The Live simulation mode of MARS which enables face tracking workflows using a live webcam with the Editor is intended to be used with third party providers of face tracking technology.
    • Unfortunately we cannot recommend a third party provider at this time, though we are happy to talk to partners.
    • APIs are available for integrating custom data providers into MARS Live simulation mode. See the Providers section of the documentation for more. Third party custom solutions may exist, though Unity cannot recommend any at this time.
    • In the meantime, Recorded simulation mode is the recommended way to develop face tracked content using MARS.
    This is a known gap, so we will let you know if we can provide a better answer in the future.

unityunity