Search Unity

Question How to use IronSource for IOS build on Windows 10

Discussion in 'LevelPlay' started by ScuffedCD, Feb 14, 2023.

1. ScuffedCD

ScuffedCD

We're currently working on our second IOS app and have run into an issue with the new IronSource plugin. Our previous app used the legacy UnityAds and it had no problems.

We do all of our work in Windows 10, then export the build file to a MAC, where we open it in XCode and build it. This hasn't caused issues before.

However, our first build with the new LevelPlay doesnt work.

"IronSource/IronSource.h file not found" from inside the iOSBridge.h file

I've searched around on the internet and haven't had much luck. Some information:
    - Integration Manager shows I have the latest version of IronSource and UnityAds

- Xcode has AdSupport.framework and a bunch of others added, but I see nothing called IronSource.framework, LevelPlay.framework, etc. Not sure if there should be anything else

- Unity Editor has External Dependency Manager -> IOS Resolver -> Install Cocoapods. Clicking install does nothing

- Project builds without issue, except the console says "Cocoapod installation is disabled". From what I've read I CANNOT install it while on Windows 10.

I believe my issue is either that I am missing one (or several) frameworks, or that I need to have Cocoapods installed.
    I'm pretty sure I can manually install Cocoapods on the MAc, but I would have to do so everytime. Is there a way for me to automate it?

2. ScuffedCD

ScuffedCD

Update:

I managed to install CocoaPods on my MAC. I also see a pod file thats generated by LevelPlay. Opening it doesn't work but I figured out how to do pod install and it seemed to have downloaded all the frameworks.

I'm kinda new to the mac terminal and commands but I noticed that the generated pod file had
    pod 'IronSourceSDK'
    which it claimed to be an invalid command when I manually ran the file. I also could not run it in the terminal until I did pod install.

Even though I've somewhat found a solution. I'd like to keep this post up because I doubt what I did was the best/most efficient way. I'd still like to somehow automate the pod install process, and also understand why I cannot run the pod commands

3. aylin_unity3d

aylin_unity3d

Unity Technologies