Search Unity

How to use Guest organization role

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by BrunoFlex, Aug 14, 2018.

1. BrunoFlex

BrunoFlex

Hello!

I am having trouble with the Guest organization role: I want to use it to add people from outside our company so they could have access to view Analytics data, but I can't find a way to do it.

This is stated HERE:

- "Guests are users who are not part of your Organization and have been added directly to a Project. Guests do not have any access to Organization data. They can view all Services data related to the Project, except for Monetization data, and can occupy a seat within a subscription."

But I can't find a way to liberate access to a project for a guest after inviting him, or even inserting him in a different Group and then including this group to the project.

As I searched for documentation about this, the only relevant thing I found was the aforementioned Unity Documentation and THIS forum thread. It seems this Guest feature is recent, and maybe it isn't fully working?

Does anyone have a clue about how to proceed with what I need?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Benvictus

Benvictus

@BrunoFlex

You can remove guests via your organisation.

1. Go here: https://id.unity.com
    2. Click Organisations
    3. Select the organization the project is part of.
    4. Click the "Guests" edit button under the Members & Groups section.
    upload_2018-8-15_16-55-57.png
    5. Uncheck the Guests you need to remove and save!

3. BrunoFlex

BrunoFlex

Thanks Benvictus! But what I'm trying to achieve is something different...

I understand, from the documentation I found, that a Guest can have access to a project to view analytics information, but I can't find a way to ADD the guest to a project... Is this achievable?

4. Benvictus

Benvictus

@BrunoFlex

A guest is essentially someone who has been added to the organization but has restricted access to what they can do.

To add a guest to a project you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go here: https://id.unity.com
    2. Click Organisations
    3. Select the organization that you wish to add a guest to.
    4. Click Members and Groups
    5. Click Add Members button

Here you can add guests, ensure that the role at the bottom is set to guest. The guest will then be able to view the projects under the organization with restricted access.

5. BrunoFlex

BrunoFlex

Thanks again Benvictus, but maybe I'm not being clear on what I need.

I can add guests to my organization just fine, but the guest does not have access to any project. He can see the organization on the dashboard, but not the projects. So what I need to understand is how to add a guest to a PROJECT, so he has only access to that project.

I did managed to achieve this by adding someone as USER, so he has access only to the projects I select. The problem is with GUESTS, that doesn't appear when I want to add someone to a project.

6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

You can add people to specific projects on the Develop dashboard:
    https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com

After selecting the project you want, select Settings -> Users to manage who has access to the project.

7. BrunoFlex

BrunoFlex

Thanks for the reply!

This works for USERS/MANAGERS, but not for GUESTS. The Guest that I have in the organization does not appear in the drop-down (image below)...

In this case, Matheus Ambrosio is a USER, and he shows in the menu. But my other user, who is a GUEST, does not. As far as I tried, GUESTS doesn't have access to anything. But again, I may have misunderstood the GUEST functionality stated in this link: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OrgsManagingyourOrganization.html

ceitel likes this.
  8. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Yeah, you are correct. Sorry I didn't fully test my response. It looks like Guest functionality is not fully implemented in all of the services.

I would recommend adding your guest as a User. You can do this directly on the Developer dashboard by adding their email address (even if they don't show up in the dropdown list). That User should only have access to that project, include the Analytics dashboard.

ceitel likes this.
  9. BrunoFlex

BrunoFlex

That's actually what I ended up doing.

But then, what is the GUEST functionality? Is it's full usability in development?

Thanks anyway!

10. Benvictus

Benvictus

So the functionality of the Guest role is required for unity teams advanced subscriptions. It allows you to assign seats to vendors/contractors by adding them to the organization as a Guest.

Guest only have view permission to see their teams seat, but can’t see anything else in that organization.

unityjingyao likes this.
  11. BrunoFlex

BrunoFlex

Hmm... Then I have no idea why I can't add a Guest, because we're using a Unity Pro with Unity Teams Advanced (It's not in this account "BrunoFlex", it's in another).

12. Benvictus

Benvictus

@BrunoFlex

Would you be able to send in a support ticket via the account you are experiencing this on? use FAO: Ben Stoneman.

I'll grab it and take a look and see why the role cannot be assigned.

13. BrunoFlex

BrunoFlex

Thanks! I opened the ticket from the main account.

14. LOLinc

LOLinc

Bump - stuck with the same problem here.

15. Andrzej-Skibinski

Andrzej-Skibinski

Bump - i'm having the same problem. Invited a guest but unable to give them access to project

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please open a support ticket

17. Sinister-Design

Sinister-Design

My guest user can't be added to any projects. It's 2020; how is this basic functionality still missing a year and a half later?

simmersiv likes this.
  18. drallcom3

drallcom3

Guests still can't be invited to anything.

19. kaarloew

kaarloew

Still the same issue.

20. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D