Search Unity

How to use Git URLs with SemVer versions? Can't get it to work

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Saucyminator, May 25, 2020.

1. Saucyminator

Saucyminator

I've been trying to add another users unity package to my project but I end up with error when I try to specify the version I wish to use (very bad to always rely on the latest version imo, who knows what they'll break in the future).

Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to add package [file:G:/dev/game/Unity/saucy-modules-commands]:
    2.   Package com.saucy.modules.commands@file:G:\dev\game\Unity\saucy-modules-commands has invalid dependencies:
    3.     com.jimmycushnie.command-terminal-plus: Version 'https://github.com/JimmyCushnie/Command-Terminal-Plus.git#0.0.95' is invalid. Expected a 'SemVer' compatible value. [NotFound]
    The user has a package file with semver in it, why isn't it working? Also tried adding the commit SHA after the #, still doesn't work...

https://github.com/JimmyCushnie/Command-Terminal-Plus

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hi there!

Git-based dependencies are not yet supported in packages. Unfortunately we have no ETA for this

Only project dependencies (that is, defined in manifest.json) are allowed to use Git URLs. You can add the Git package directly to your project :)

3. dnuernberger

dnuernberger

Is there any update on when git URLs will be allowed in package dependencies?

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey!

No update as of yet, but it's still on the to-do list.

5. Maisey

Maisey

arcanevibe likes this.
  6. phreezie

phreezie

I also would like to know whether this is being worked on, or if I need to include my GitHub dependency in my package.