Search Unity

How to use CloudBuild with Collaborate?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by illinar, Sep 3, 2020.

1. illinar

illinar

upload_2020-9-3_15-18-7.png

HOW????

Oh, btw, when I go to Cloud Build settings I get this
    upload_2020-9-3_15-19-9.png

And when I go to dashboard, it pretends that Unity Collaborate doesn't exist at all

upload_2020-9-3_15-21-28.png

2. illinar

illinar

Will anyone please reveal me the secret?

3. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

The Services Window in 2020.x appears to be broken and severely disrupts this Collab/Cloud Build configuration workflow. Thank you for reporting this, I will bring this up with the team.

For you to get Cloud Build configured with Collaborate. Please navigate to the dashboard (Your second screenshot), select Manual at the top and then select Collab as your source control provider.

Hope this helps!

4. illinar

illinar

Thank you, that helps of course. I missed that drop-down somehow.

Also the services seem to be fixed now. (Server-side fix?)

From a UX stand point would make sense if Collab was also a big button in the PROVIDER list. Largely because MANUAL implies some custom server or longer setup process. There is nothing manual about Collab, it's the most builtin thing and a one-click solution.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  5. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

That is really great feedback thank you. I will share this with the team.

Happy building!

illinar likes this.
  6. Kallex2

Kallex2

I still have this issue, also my "Manual" list of SCM providers doesn't list Collab.

7. Kallex2

Kallex2

Nevermind, must have missed it... it was (or appeared) in scrollbar so I found it. So the Collab was there and I feel bit stupid, but recovered and my problem is solved :).

8. ainara4holition

ainara4holition

Hello! I am experiencing the same issue. I have Collaborate set up on a project, but when I try to set up Cloud Build it errors.
    I have tried the manual set up, chosen Collab and nothing...
    Any tips? Thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

PhoeniVerse likes this.
  9. Kallex2

Kallex2

There is an option to "Reset Cloud Build Config" or something like that. I tried to search it now, but couldn't find it. It could be after you "Disable Cloud Build"...

Anyway, I got those unspecified errors too, and the solution was to "Reset Cloud Build" for the project; that cleared everything and then reconfiguration worked OK.

If you have existing build history to keep, be cautious about it, but if you are like me, and just trying to set it up first time, no harm done in resetting the build settings.

Drakorez likes this.
  10. Drakorez

Drakorez

Thank you so much! Had the same problem and this worked. On the website it was under cloud build > config. I disabled the project with a button on the bottom right, then I think I did something else (maybe refresh the page(sorry it is 5am. I cant think)) and another box popped up to reset and i did and it is working now.