Search Unity

How to use AudioSource in Unity3d's Timeline?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by paiboonp, Nov 30, 2017.

1. paiboonp

paiboonp

I tried to use timeline feature with Audio Track but when I dragged GameObject with audio source into Audio Track, it showed me as it assigned successfully but I cannot control anything like sound volume from that audio source. If I remove audio source from audio track in Timeline, sound still playable as well which is not right. What should I do to control AudioSource in Unity3d's Timeline?

2. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Hi,
    Right now, the only usage of binding an object with an audio source is for 3D Sound. You cannot control Volume in timeline (yet). It's definitely on our Roadmap.

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I would not use timeline, go look through posts on here to see that it is very broken, and not being addressed in a timely fashion by Unity. Despite this feature arriving in July, it is now December and it is still broken and will be until 2018 as far as everyone can see.

The whole "for designers" marketing crap really tricked me this time unity (even though I said I wouldn't have my fingers burnt again after the whole smart sprite debacle). Really thought the stuff you said in all the talks about it were to be true.

pojoih likes this.
  4. StreamTVNetworks

StreamTVNetworks

The guy above me sounds pretty frustrated, but aside from the tone, he's not wrong. July 2018 and we still can't control volume in Timeline for audio assets? I'd at least like to make this somewhat constructive - it seems like I shouldn't bother adding audio to timelines at all if I can't control the volume (and other basic things). What other route would you suggest? Find some way to hook up a Mixer to the Timeline via Playable or Control track?

5. IARI

IARI

Hi from 2020 - any updates on this?

6. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, Audio tracks and clips now have parameters for volume, stereo and spatial blend. They are can be animated via curves on the track, or using built-in blending (for volume) on clips.