Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question How to update Target API Level to 30 Android

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Only4gamers, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Hello everyone,
    When i submitted my game to Google Play it shows that my game must support at least Android API 29. While my Unity version only support Up to Android API 28. So, I updated my Unity Editor to the latest LTS version and also updated NDK, SDK etc from Unity Hub. But problem not solved. So, I downloaded latest SDK from Android Studio and changed my SDK path to C:\Users\Hi\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk in External Tools
    But it still not showing 29 and 30.

Other than that I am getting these warnings in Console:
    1)
    Observed package id 'tools' in inconsistent location 'C:\Users\Hi\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\tempToolsDir' (Expected 'C:\Users\Hi\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\tools')
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])

2)
    File C:\Users\Hi\.android\repositories.cfg could not be loaded.
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

and in External Tools my NDK is also showing warning that "you are missing the recommended Android NDK..." while I downloaded everything from Unity Hub.
    Please help.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  2. tzaf

tzaf

hi i'm having the same problem wold like to get some advice

3. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Which errors you are seeing?

4. Adem1907

Adem1907

I have the same problem. Did you find anything to solve this problem?

5. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Which error are you seeing?

6. Ellukitas_123

Ellukitas_123

We need help

7. MiguelAppStudio

MiguelAppStudio

Hola.

No estoy seguro de si el problema es el mismo, pero creo que sí. Me pasó lo mismo y lo solucioné desde Unity @Ellukitas_123

PlayerSettings >>. Otras configuraciones >> Configuración Nivel de API de destino Debe cambiar el Nivel de API de destino.

Te muestro una captura de pantalla.

Espero que sea la solucion correcta

Suerte

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  8. MiguelAppStudio

MiguelAppStudio

Attached Files:

9. MiguelAppStudio

MiguelAppStudio

I'm not sure if the problem is the same, but I think it is. The same thing happened to me and I solved it from Unity

PlayerSettings >>. Other Settings >> Configuration Target API Level You must change Target API Level.

Attached Files:

10. Ellukitas_123

Ellukitas_123

Muchas gracias

MiguelAppStudio likes this.
  11. Wombat_Rancher

Wombat_Rancher

My god. Still works like a charm. Gracias mi amigo

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    Cactillium and MiguelAppStudio like this.
  12. alirazabrame

alirazabrame

I have solved in a different way with these steps:
    • Add support of android in unity. This will make a SDK in the unity editor.
    • Install Android Studio with new SDK. Install android platforms which you want to use in the unity. Also install android build tools of the highest API level.
    • In the new SDK, the platforms which you have installed from android studio copy these platform folders and put these folders in unity android SDK. Also copy the build tools folder from new SDK and paste it in the unity android SDK.
    That's all. Hope this will work!

upload_2021-8-16_1-18-36.png

upload_2021-8-16_1-15-28.png
    upload_2021-8-16_1-14-48.png
    upload_2021-8-16_1-13-40.png
    upload_2021-8-16_1-11-52.png

13. FlurinJenal

FlurinJenal

Also had a problem with updating Android SDK to version 30 in Unity. In my case I had to enter the computer admin PW 3 times, before Unity looped back into the message "update Android SDK...". No error messages, it was just not able to update. Solution: I went to "preferences", copied the location of the SDK tools (keep default location by Unity) and opened the location in the file explorer of my compter. From there I opened the folder "SDK" and then "platforms". It had me to enter my admin PW, which I did. After that, somehow Unity was able to access the folder when I wanted to build the project and update the SDK using Unity's link. Hope it helps.

Hunter-PrimeUnity likes this.
  14. Vivraan

Vivraan

In my case, I just used the path to my default SDK location which is managed by Android Studio. I guess I can't open Unity in Administrator mode.

How did you manage to get Unity to do that? Where did you get the enter password prompt?

15. ffrootloop

ffrootloop

IT WORKED!! Thank you

16. infoexpert

infoexpert

Here's another way to do it.
    1. Install java https://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=245479_4d5417147a92418ea8b615e228bb6935
    2. Set JAVA_HOME variable https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/setting-the-java_home-variable-in-windows-8895.html
    3. Open Windows PowerShell as admin.
    4. In PowerShell enter your unity editor "SDK\tools\bin" directory.
    cd "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.19f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tools\bin"

5. Run "sdkmanager.bat" with "platforms" parameter.
    .\sdkmanager.bat "platforms;android-30"

That's it!

17. profsteven7

profsteven7

That worked perfectly for me!! Thanks for saving me from this frustrating episode! I've been stuck on this for longer than I care to admit.

(PS I only did steps 3-5, and it still worked. I guess my Java was already set up correctly)

hellokidlo and Rem777 like this.
  18. dimit1r4o

dimit1r4o

Thank you so much, this worked great!