Search Unity

Question How to Update/Convert 2018 unity Projects to New Version of unity (2020)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kumarreddy_GameDeveloper, Apr 15, 2021.

1. kumarreddy_GameDeveloper

kumarreddy_GameDeveloper

While Updating this I'm getting some errors I was stuck for nearly 70 hours. Can anyone help to solve these errors. I was tried in many ways like following the StackOverflow methods, Microsoft visual studio compiler errors, so many unity forms, etc.,

In this below-attached file, you can find the errors. Screenshot (19).png which I have got.

2. vollukas

vollukas

I'm a kinda noob, but I would remove this "com.unity.collab" package using the old version of unity. Just comment out all the mentioned lines and remove everything that is using this package. Then if it would convert to a new version of unity I would try to install again this package and find out what problem does this new version has with that package.

Don't forget to backup your project before listening to me :D

3. kumarreddy_GameDeveloper

kumarreddy_GameDeveloper

Tried but still didn't worked.

4. vollukas

vollukas

I had also the problem that from version 2020, the SerialPort library was no longer included in .NET Standard 2.0.
    Try going to Edit => Project Settings => Player => Api Compatibility Level and choose .Net 4.x instead of .NET Standard 2.0.

Not sure if it's going to help, but it's worth trying. It's only going to make your game exe slightly larger as it contains more namespaces/libraries.