Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question How to update com.unity.ugui@1.0.0 -> to com.unity.ugui@2.0.0

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by siem_unity432, May 14, 2024.

1. siem_unity432

siem_unity432

Morning!!

I've updated to a newer version of Unity, 2021 LTS, but I still can't upgrade UGUI to v2

Earlier, was trying to solve a bug in old version of UI Builder, when I found Unity has- completely changed over to UGUI v2, which is for 2019 and above?

But, I saw this conversation from 2023- and it looks like nothing has changed?

Please, correct me- let me know if I'm doing anything wrong here, as my team and I would love to use an updated version of UI Toolkit while we build out our software!

Thanks!!

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

UGUI isn't UI Toolkit. UGUI is the previous UI system that hasn't been updated in five years.

3. siem_unity432

siem_unity432

OH! Okay-

UGUI was the old way- and doesn't have any updates accessible past 2019

UI Toolkit, it looks like the tools I was informed about, such as vector tool and gradient are only available in preview? Is that correct?

And at the same time, UI Toolkit can only be updated if I switch to a higher Unity Version, like 2022.3?

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Yes.

Correct. It's locked to a specific version because it's built into the editor without a package.

5. siem_unity432

siem_unity432

Thanks Ryiah, I'll double back with my team and go from there!