Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Undo Upgrading to HDRP

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by bohoboy, Jan 19, 2022.

1. bohoboy

bohoboy

I've been learning Unity for about 2 months now and am pretty far along in my project. I started my project with the URP template, then yesterday watched a video by Brackley to make a force field using Shader Graph and he mentioned I needed to be using HDRP. So I installed HDRP in my existing project and everything got messed up and turned pink! BIG MISTAKE. I figured it was just another package with tools/assets.

So I quickly removed HDRP using the Package Manager, and while my textures returned to their normal non-pink versions, the lighting in all my scenes is now very dark and seems flat. I tried searching for answers on here and Google but didn't see anyone else dealing with this problem.

What should I do to fix my lighting? I don't think I have it in me to completely start my project over from scratch. Please help

2. bohoboy

bohoboy

UPDATE: I sort of fixed half of my problem. Under the 'Lighting' window, I changed the Environment Lighting --> Ambient Color to be a bit brighter and was able to get my scene lighting looking somewhat like how it used to before making the HDRP update.

All my materials since look "flat" with very little depth perception or reflections. Still would be curious to hear from the community about what settings might have gotten changed when I installed HDRP.

3. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

First select your all project materials and change the shader type to the Standard (built-in pipeline shader)
    Then use HDRP material converter to convert them to the HDRP

Here you can learn HDRP basics

4. joshuacwilde

joshuacwilde

@bohoboy I would recommend learning git and integrating it into your project as well so you don't have to worry when you make possibly breaking changes.

unityunity