Search Unity

How to test android game on "Xiaomi Mi VR Headset Glasses"

Discussion in 'Xiaomi' started by trigunmaster, Apr 3, 2018.

1. trigunmaster

trigunmaster

pls guide me or post link document show step by step

2. unityjingyao

unityjingyao

Unity Technologies

3. trigunmaster

trigunmaster

thank sir.

4. NafizSingularity

NafizSingularity

I have a Mi VR Standalone (chinese version). I tried to install an apk using ADB. But cant enable the ADB. I have tried to enable developer mode by following the instruction in their website but failed. Device shows up on ADB as sideload only when I enable sideload option but fail to install the apk. Can anybody help? Thanks

5. Chefty

Chefty

@NafizSingularity did you finally managed to sideload an apk ? My Mi VR is not event detected by adb.

6. tcmeric

tcmeric

@Chefty , best to reach out to xiaomi vr directly (if they ever reply to you). I have a game on the xiao mi VR store. Its a serious pain in the ...

Is your device actually in developers mode? Otherwise ADB wont work at all.

7. Chefty

Chefty

Thanks @tcmeric for the reply.
    I already sent an email to xiaomi as the same time as my last post, they never replied.

I haven't been able to enable dev mode, even if I tap on this VR icon in the setting nothing happen. I only got a chinese popup that apparently mean ''that services are not available now'' or something like this.
    Any clue how to make it work ?

8. tcmeric

tcmeric

@Chefty , we may have a mutual friend as someone was asking me about miVR for a friend last night.

1. You need to have an approved developers account first, from the xiao mi site. Then use that account to sign into your xiao mi app. Then enable dev mode. However, it could be a bit unreliable, as I am assuming the check (via the net) had to go to the xiao mi servers first to be approved each time from your phone. Therefore if they are having trouble on their end, it could be an issue.

2. Try contacting this person at xiaomi instead of the actual 'contact person'. (As this person just emailed me last week about putting my game on sale, so I know they are still working there.). v-chensiyu@xiaomi.com . First name in english is Kiwi. If you cannot get through to them, Ill can try and find you another email. :)