Search Unity

How to tell if it's working?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by InitusInteractive, Jan 17, 2019.

1. InitusInteractive

InitusInteractive

So, I setup UnityAds, I don't think I missed anything as it's pretty straight forward it seems.

I can see the Development Placement and the callbacks are working. Now I want to actually test if the ADs work on Android.

I created a new APK and installed in on NOX android emulator. An add pops up but it's a "Unity Ad" AD each time, almost like a test add with a static image. What should I be expecting?

anycolourulike likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. InitusInteractive

InitusInteractive

Monetization is considered Legacy now isnt it?

I am using the following 3 steps..

I am using
    1) using UnityEngine.Advertisements;

2) Advertisement.Initialize("#######", false);

3) if (Advertisement.IsReady("rewardedVideo"))
    {
    var options = new ShowOptions { resultCallback = HandleShowResult };
    Advertisement.Show("rewardedVideo", options);
    }

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The Monetization 3.0 SDK is brand new. Please try with code from the link that I shared.

5. free4allgames

free4allgames

Do we have to use this new thing to get ads working now ?

I developed my game some time ago and I'm now releasing it for iOS, using unity 2018.3.2f1 and I'm unable to get ads on iOS.

I was using the version from the Package Manager, Advertisement 2.3.1, after being unable to get IsReady to return true I updated to 2.3.2, still not working.

I'm not even sure anymore if my android version is working too or if it's not anymore, but it 100% sure was.

The code I'm using is nothing out of the ordinary, I setup the Ads using the Services tab and just called the ads with :

while (!Advertisement.IsReady("rewardedVideo"))
    {
    yield return null;
    }

Debug.Log("Ad ready");

ShowOptions options = new ShowOptions { resultCallback = HandleShowResult };
    Advertisement.Show("rewardedVideo", options);

I never get an Ad ready on iOS, using test mode set on the Services tab, or even removing test mode. Just doesn't work, the same code works on Android...

Do I need to update to this monetization ? I don't want to have more work replacing things, will this new monetization also break my inapps code or can I keep it untouched ?

6. InitusInteractive

InitusInteractive

Trying to implement "Unity Monetization 3.0" now.

I assume I am not importing the entire package. Since I am only developing this for Android I have unselected the iOS folder as well as the dll for iOS

I also removed the Advertisement package via the package manager.

I followed the instruction from the link you sent, I made very minor changes and now everything works great, thank you.

7. InitusInteractive

InitusInteractive

Ads seem to be working but Banner Ads do not.

1) Do Banner Ads automatically adjust the resolution to fit the Ad or do I need to make room for it somewhere?

2) Am I required to put a Google "Store Game ID" in there or will it function fine without it?

8. InitusInteractive

InitusInteractive