Search Unity

Question How to Teleport With Unity's XR Device Simulator?

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by AardeeHar, Nov 29, 2022.

1. AardeeHar

AardeeHar

Hi all,

I have managed - after much fussing - to set up Unity's XR Device Simulator in my project. The XROrigin prefab I am using comes with Snap Turning, Continous Movement, and a Character controller. I am able to move and rotate using the WASD keys and the MMB. Grabbing works, with G, reset works with V, and I am able to move both virtual controllers using L-Shift and Spacebar, respectively.

However, what I absolutely cannot get to work is the teleportation system. I have found a number of sources that say the hotkey for activating the teleport is "B", but the B button currently does nothing. My controller highlights blue when it mouses over the teleportation pad, but I have no way to actually select or move to the pad. I have included screenshots of my teleportation pad setup.

upload_2022-11-29_11-50-41.png
    I suspect from this screenshot, that I may need to add bindings to teleport - I can't find anything about this online. What do I do? upload_2022-11-29_11-51-23.png

How do I add bindings to allow me to teleport? I am using the Teleport Area prefab from Unity's XR Kit.

To be clear, I am able to use the teleportation system in another project that is set up for use with a headset, but I can't get the Simulator to work.

2. gPerry

gPerry

Your Teleport Trigger is set to On Select Exited, which I think means you need to press and release the grip button (G) while hovering on the teleport pad.

I have changed mine to use On Activated, and I have changed my Ray Interactor to use Allow Hovered Activation, which means I can initiate teleportation with the Trigger (left mouse) without needing to use the grip button.