Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question how to switch from 2d renderer pipeline back to pure URP?

Discussion in '2D' started by pertholdth, Jun 2, 2024.

1. pertholdth

pertholdth

I have my project setup for 2d renderer pipeline, but I want to switch to pure URP

what are the full steps I have to take to make this switch?

I just went on the pipeline asset and changed the asset from the 2d renderer asset and assigned another which i had in my folder which im not sure is the default

can someone please give me the full steps to ensure I am cleanly back into the normal URP?

THANKS

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I would just make a new project, make it URP and then compare the pipeline asset(s) and/or project settings using your favorite diff-er

Ideally you're also using source control and see (and revert) the changes originally made when you went to 2D renderer... :)

3. pertholdth

pertholdth

well i guess i was just trying to be through, when i assign the 2d renderer my 3d directional lights no longer work, so i will assume that i am doing something correctly

I then checked depth texture and opaque texture, but got an error, until i disapled sampling to none on the opaque texture, no sure if its important to have 2x bilinear downsampling on the opaque texture, but for some reason unity was complaining about it