Search Unity

Resolved How to stop timeline but capture from the stopped frame of the timeline?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by vectorized-runner, Oct 22, 2020.

1. vectorized-runner

vectorized-runner

Hi, I'm mostly a beginner to using timeline. I have few questions that I couldn't solve or maybe I'm using timeline incorrectly.

1- I have a situation where I play a scripted sequence in the timeline, then at the end of it I pop up an UI where I wait for user input, after the input I want to stop the timeline and objects start to work with Monobehaviours. My problem is after I stop the timeline all objects are reset to their initial states. So is my usage of timeline incorrect here, what else can I do?

2- In the timeline an object has animation track for a short duration, after the track is finished I want to continue using its animator (the timeline is still running), but the timeline seems to keep overriding the animator. What should I do here?

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Are they changed via animation tracks? If so, it might be the animator kicking in and resetting/changing values.

Make sure it's a clip track (you can use the Convert To Clip option in the track context menu). Then set extrapolation to None on the clips. That will make anywhere there are no clips fall back to the animator.

vectorized-runner likes this.
  3. vectorized-runner

vectorized-runner

Yes, their positions are changed via animation tracks, should I use something else? Does it make a difference if I enable/disable root motion in this situation?

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, that does matter - if root motion is disabled, then when timeline transfer control back to the animator, the animated object will likely pop back. If it's enabled, the animator should continue the root motion from where the timeline left off.