Search Unity

How to start?

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by camelmed, Mar 23, 2019.

1. camelmed

camelmed

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Scroll down that page and read the "Readme".

d12duke likes this.
  3. camelmed

camelmed

Ok i found the problem. I searched something like a Project-file to open but i have to open the folder as project in Unity!
    But this is nowhere mentioned. Maybe its something everyone nows who work with Unity but for someone new its confusing.

4. litebox

litebox

Is it possible to launch FPSSample on OSX? When I enter Play Mode I see black screen with HUD and error:

Platform StandaloneOSX with device Metal is not supported, no rendering will occur
    Use Metal API instead.

Do I have to use Windows only?

5. RTFM.

fpssample.PNG
    This is literally on the very first page.

Stexe and d12duke like this.
  6. d12duke

d12duke

Guys, I am taking a break from Unity to get on Unity forums... I googled this and I see this? If you don't understand how Unity works then this is not the place for you to start... it's actually stated in the video.

To be 100% honest, I'm there but I'm not there either. You have to research a LOT, you have to creep up and learn from the ground up of what the engine has done and what they're doing.

You can't download this and expect to Have a "working" game if you don't even know how Unity or many other things work.

This thread is not to downsize anyone and this response isn't to deter you... If you want it, You have to learn it. All of it.