Search Unity

How to showcase Audio assets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by tbrunet1909, Dec 12, 2020.

?

What would you like to see on a music pack asset page?

1. Audio links only (with a 2 min sampler track)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2 min Gameplay video featuring the music in context

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10 min gameplay video featuring the music in context

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tbrunet1909

tbrunet1909

Hi everyone!

Hope I'm posting in the right section. I'm new to the asset store and I released a Dark Fantasy RPG Music Pack. Currently the asset page has a soundcloud playlist with a 2 minutes "sampler" track, then the 12 tracks are available for a more in-depth listening.

I thought about editing a quick video with gameplay from The Witcher 3 featuring my tracks in the contexts they were made for (exploration, battle, suspense, etc). How likely would you be to watch this as a dev, and how long should it ideally be?

Here's a link to the asset: https://bit.ly/2W5CFjU

Cheers,

Thomas.

P.S.: I adore the Witcher's OST and I know it's sacrilegious to replace it, but this is the first idea that popped into my head when thinking about video marketing. Please also feel free to tell me if seeing such a video would annoy you to pieces and prevent you from listening at all!

2. Mauri

Mauri

See how other developers present their Audio assets:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/audio

Most of the time it's just SoundCloud playlists and that's perfectly fine. I wouldn't use any gameplay footage for various reasons (not only because of copyright, but also... how would it look from the outside?).

tbrunet1909 likes this.
  3. tbrunet1909

tbrunet1909

Thanks Mauri, I thought as much. Just making a small market study I guess :)