Search Unity

How to setup User Defined Target in Unity 2017.2

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by denmla1000, Nov 30, 2017.

1. denmla1000

denmla1000

Hi all
    I want to have User Defined Target setup in Unity 2017.2 but I dont know how.
    This guide https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Training/User-Defined-Targets-Guide
    uses some prefab that I can't seem to find anywhere.
    There is component User Definder Target Buiding Behavior but it is not enough to make it run.
    Is there some good guide that can show step by step use of Vuforia User Target system on new Unity with integrated Vuforia support?

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @denmla1000

I apologize for the outdated documentation, our team is aware of it and is working towards an update to it.

In the meantime, our Core Samples (available on the Unity Asset Store for free) have a scene demonstrating how to set up User Defined Targets.

In short, you'll need to create an Image Target and then set the "Type" field to 'User Defined.' Then create a new object and add the "User Defined Target Builder" behaviour and "UDT Event Handler" script to this new object.

Please check out the samples and let me know if you have any further questions.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

theolagendijk likes this.
  3. tomicz

tomicz

I did all the same as in core samples, but still it doesn't work.

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Can you provide more information on what doesn't work and what issues you are running into?

5. tomicz

tomicz

User Defined Tracking is just bad documented, it's not updated, in current version of Unity UDT is different from YouTube tutorials, and your documentation is also different. I tried to do the same thing as you did in Core Sample, but still not working, as I am missing something and I can't find any documentation either.

6. brigosx

brigosx

Hi to all, actually I did make a demo out of the UDT scene of the above mentioned sample. The only problem is that you always need the sample project since there are things missing from the core package. I have Unity 2017.3p4 installed with Vuforia 7.0.47 integration. The integrated Unity package does not have the "UDT Event Handler" script. I suppose that is up to the developer to create one each time he needs different behavior?

tomicz and ngspl_unity like this.
  7. lcd11001

lcd11001

Hello,
    In the Vuforia Sample package, you can open Sample Resources/Scenes/UserDefinedTargets.unity
    Note: the game object named QualityMeter, which is include Frame-Quality-Meter script => it will fix Null Exception in UDT-Event-Handler script when you play the scene.
    In your project, you have to create a game object like that. (I don't know what does it use for because there's no document right now)
    Regards,
    LCD

quangdd3 likes this.
  8. biokiller11

biokiller11

Hi,
    it would be nice to get that UDTEventHandler.cs Script for User- defined target builder. I looked in WWW, but found nothing. Coule anyone tell me where to find it?

9. tomicz

tomicz

There's Vuforia Sample app on the Unity Asset Store, download it and look at how vuforia developers did it, you will also find necessary scripts.

10. biokiller11

biokiller11

Hello @tomicz,

thanks for your quick answer :)
    i've already downloaded Vuforia-Core-Samples, but the C#- Script "UDTEventHandler.cs" is missing. Do you mean that with the Vuforia Sample App?

11. biokiller11

biokiller11

@tomicz
    thanks! had an older version of "vuforia-core-samples". I downloaded the new package and that important UDTEventHandler.cs is included. Thanks a lot, you saved my day :) Have a nice day!

tomicz likes this.
  12. CHUPPUI

CHUPPUI

upload_2018-7-24_15-11-32.png
    I need to help I can not to set Central Anchor Point