Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to set up an image target to play multiple video players in 3D space, set opacity by color?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ShamanicHarmonics, Mar 17, 2019.

1. ShamanicHarmonics

ShamanicHarmonics

I was looking at the Artivive app and it has a neat concept I'd like to implement in Unity. Namely, once I have an image target for Augmented Reality, I'd like to play layered 3D content, JPGs, OBJs, mp4s.

SO in this video, between 02:35 and 3:30 they show the set up and basic functionality

I've used Vuforia before (still total noob), also looking at webAR and ARcore, because I'd like a web delivery rather than an installed app (not sure if Vuforia does that).

So my question would be - how to set up the multiple video players in Unity, and if I can use a similar green-screen/masking type trick for transparency?

If you can point to any tutorials or give me search terms to start, that would be most appreciated.

2. ShamanicHarmonics

ShamanicHarmonics

Did i ask this question poorly, or I haven't waited long enough for an answer? (Or this is not possible in Unity?)