Search Unity

Question How To Set AudioSource outputAudioMixer parameter at start

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by stfunity, Jul 14, 2021.

1. stfunity

stfunity

Nearly done with my quest to fix amnesiac prefabs at runtime.. ran into a weird one where a bunch of child object audio sources have no mixer routing. The place from which the noise emanates matters since it's not UI stuff.

The general <AudioMixer> is called "SoundtrackAudioMixer" in our project files.
    We have a top level <AudioMixerGroup> called "Master", under which there are a bunch of other <AudioMixerGroup>s. The one I want is named "Foley"

How do I get to it? Tried making a public reference up top like so
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public AudioSource emitterAudioSource;
    2.     public AudioClip emitterFiringSound;
    3.     [SerializeField]
    4.     public AudioMixerGroup foleyMixer;
    And I even went and set the script import defaults to that specific "Foley" <AudioMixerGroup> but I .. suspect that since that new variable and the import default I assigned to it are newer than the prefab in question.. it doesn't count? Ex post facto file management? I am kinda confused about that but it's neither here nor there.

Either way, I'm not seeing a passthrough yet --- the code below DOES pass a clip to the right <AudioSource>, so I am touching the component I want but it won't pass that ouputAudioMixerGroup.

Code (CSharp):
    1.             string mixerName = "SoundtrackAudioMixer";
    2.             AudioMixer mixer = Resources.Load<AudioMixer>(mixerName);
    3.             string foleyName = "Foley";
    4.             AudioMixerGroup foley = Resources.Load<AudioMixerGroup>(foleyName);
    5.             emitterAudioSource = gameObject.GetComponent<AudioSource>();
    6.             emitterAudioSource.clip = emitterFiringSound;
    7.             emitterAudioSource.outputAudioMixerGroup = foley;
    I saw another thread mentioning

Code (CSharp):
    1. Resources.Load("AudioMixer/AudioMixerGroup") as AudioMixerGroup;
    Am I just getting the path syntax wrong? Should I be saying "SoundtrackAudioSource/Master/Foley"? What is the deaaaaaalllllllllll.

Thanks!