Search Unity

How to say you're looking for a project?

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by emrys90, May 14, 2018.

1. emrys90

emrys90

With the previous job boards, you could post that you're looking for an indie project to join to help out on to gain further game dev experience. It lets potential projects connect with you. How do you go about this now? The only thing I can see now is actively looking through all current 'job' postings.

JBR-games, LevonLouis and WeAR_Studio like this.
  2. WeAR_Studio

WeAR_Studio

We have the same question, it was much more easier before they did all these changes.

JBR-games and LevonLouis like this.
  3. 24bitvoxel

24bitvoxel

I'm having the same problem, I don't know how to find developers through connect. The Projects page just seems to be a portfolio with no actual relation to... you know... connecting with folks. This is me right now.

LevonLouis likes this.
  4. Rich_A

Rich_A

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    JBR-games likes this.
  5. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

this website looks dead af.

sahilsrivastava likes this.
  6. anthonyanthonyh

anthonyanthonyh

Unity Technologies

Hey all,

Thank you for your feedback about Connect! For now, the best way to collaborate and find others on Connect is to:

1) Go through "Jobs" section, with Paid not toggled, and looking for people who wish to collaborate through revenue share etc.

2) Find Projects that are WIP and in progress, and 'Connect' with those people to discuss collaboration.

This is an issue though and we will investigate as a team ways to make it easier for people to find others to collaborate with. Please let us know if you have any more feedback as we make a long term solution.

7. crj700aviator

crj700aviator

Yes indeed. There's no better way to say it, but the new style SUCKS in terms of collaboration. You say to look through "jobs" section... Its not simple to find...you have to really look for just that section. You should just open up that repo and roll it back about 1 year ago.

JBR-games likes this.
  8. Rich_A

Rich_A

175 registered members in 4 months is not dead - and four freelancer profiles were posted in December alone.

There is absolutely the network effect, as it expands it becomes more popular.

You are used to Connect or Reddit, where users need to spam profiles and threads to get visibility, whereas on a plain old forum (like GJF) it is easy to browse through dozens of profiles.

Also keep in mind that when many job ads have been fulfilled, the posters will usually delete the thread to avoid confidential information being exposed (I have done this for 6 of my own job posts).

The return of the Unity Jobs Board would be ideal, but it doesn't seem like its happening. This is one of the best alternatives (in addition to Reddit and Polycount).

If you have any constructive feedback about the site functionality, I'd welcome that too.

9. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

I did not consider the fact people delete the posts or even looked at the registered users, only glimpsed at the "current active users" and the dates on the latest treads there.

my bad, judged in a rush.
    also, I never used reddit(been there once) or connect,.

10. Odemark

Odemark

Go to the Jobs section..... ehm.... what jobs section? Where? This is just a forum without jobs section.... can you add a link directing people to this jobs section? ( you mean in the unity webpage? Or some category in this forum?

jister likes this.
  11. jister

jister

bump Odemark's question, I can't seem to find any "jobs section"...?

JBR-games likes this.
  12. Rich_A

Rich_A