Search Unity

Question How to save data?

Discussion in 'Cloud Save' started by Durium, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Durium

Durium

Hello! How do i save data? I dont really understand the limited documentation
    Following the "how to" in the docs gives me this issue with the CloudSaveService

Code (CSharp):
    1. The type or namespace name 'CloudSave' does not exist in the namespace 'Unity.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

2. devingunity

devingunity

Unity Technologies

Hi Durium, have you installed the Cloud Save package via the Package Manager, as outlined here? Errors like this usually occur when the package has not been imported.

3. Mid_D_Man

Mid_D_Man

Hey can yp
    Hey can you please help me out, how do I load a boolean value from cloud save and set a local variable to it's value

4. francoisjjunity

francoisjjunity

Unity Technologies

Hi Mid_plays,

Have a look at the documentation for some example usage https://docs.unity.com/cloud-save/en/manual/cloud-save-usage#Save_an_item.

If you look at the "fetch item" section, you will notice that there is a variable called savedData. Access the previously saved boolean value by using the "key" to get the value like so
    Code (CSharp):
    1. savedData["key"]

5. Mid_D_Man

Mid_D_Man

What I mean is like how do I use an of statement when I get the value like let's say I have a bool and when it's true I want the player to be able to jump twice as high as he normally does like if(SavedData["Key"].value == true ){ increase jumpCapacity();} something like that

6. francoisjjunity

francoisjjunity

Unity Technologies

Hi Mid_plays,

Did you get it working? Using `SavedData["Key"].value == true` looks like it should work just fine if the value stored in the SavedData object is a boolean. This would not work if the value is actually a string value like "true".