Search Unity

How to save and load my tower model and its position using Playerprefs

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by quantum_rez, Dec 10, 2012.

1. quantum_rez

quantum_rez

Hi all, i'm trying to make game in android devices, my game is tower defense.

I can use playerprefs to save and load my gold, but when i load it, my tower is lose and i must build again in the other word my tower model and its position is not save.

I want to ask, how can i use playerprefs to save and load my tower model and its position after i build it?

Please anyone help me here, i'm really appreciate for your help.

2. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

you will have to save the x,y,z (Vector3) of the tower, using separate floats using PlayerPrefs.SetFloat
    for example
    PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("TowerX", 10.0);
    PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("TowerY", 10.0);
    PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("TowerZ", 10.0);

and then when you are loading set the Vector3 coordinates of the object by setting x,y,z using PlayerPrefs.GetFloat for each.

3. quantum_rez

quantum_rez

Sorry, maybe my explanation is not clear enough.
    This is an example :
    - I have 2 free grids for building tower, let's say it grid A(x=10,y=10,z=10) and B(x=20,y=20,z=20).
    - I built tower A into grid A and tower B into grid B.
    - When I load with PlayerPrefs, I want tower A still on grid A and tower B still on grid B.

So, how do I know that the position (x=10,y=10,z=10) is for tower A and (x=20,y=20,z=20) is for tower B?
    And, can PlayerPrefs save a model or prefab?
    Thanks

4. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

You simply name it as you need TowerAx,TowerAy,TowerAz etc.

These names can be derived through code.

5. quantum_rez

quantum_rez

hmm. maybe what i mean is how to save instantiate game object, so when play it again my object is still there, and the problem is i can instantiate many game object, so i must save the position one by one and i think will wasted time to do that, any other way?

thanks