Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to run an aquisition campain?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by cephalo2, May 14, 2019.

1. cephalo2

cephalo2

My experience so far with CPC advertising comes from running a couple of Google Ads campaigns. The campaign created for my app by Google was terrible and gives terrible results. I had good results initially from a campaign to my website, but that broke once I converted my site and final url to https. It will never be fixed because Google support goes through Indian call centers that are only authorized to regurgitate irrelevant canned responses. They seemed to think it was ok for me to pay for clicks that never went to my landing page. 80 percent of ad clicks do not get to the page. Enough about that.

So I decided to give Unity Ads a try, but this is opening up a whole new world that I didn't even know existed. The amount of information I need to know about what to do with tracking URL's is totally overwhelming. I've been reading on the subject for a week and its like a whole new scientific discipline with about 250 new acronyms I have to learn to run an ad campaign anywhere except Google Ads.

I need a step by step guide. Does that exist? Where do I even start?

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

3. cephalo2

cephalo2

I had read those docs, but I was still a bit mystified by the need for an additional third party. I went ahead and signed up with the Kochava free option, and they seemed to know what to do so I should be good to go, but I was hoping to just use my Google analytics or at least get a more detailed explanation on why I need Kochava. I have no idea how this is normally done, so keep that in mind.

Plummers likes this.