Search Unity

How to rotate entire animation by 180

Discussion in 'Animation' started by aldrnari7635, Oct 7, 2018.

1. aldrnari7635

aldrnari7635

one of my animations is off. It's supposed to jump forward, but she turns around and jumps back. Is there a way to make her anitmations play facing the other direction. I found a way to set the start and stop times in the animation panel. Just need a way to turn her around by 180 Degrees. Anyone have any advice?

2. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

Check your import settings perhaps?

3. aldrnari7635

aldrnari7635

i'm not sure how that is supposed to help. Can you provide more details? I'm trying to get this arrow to point the exact oppsite direction.

Attached Files:

• fff.JPG
      fff.JPG
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  4. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

Well I had this kind of trouble -- So Unity has what it thinks is forward, but they keep that a secret from all artists until you have done a ton of work and you cant change it. Now, assuming the animation is on the correct avatar (import settings for the animation, rig tab-- This has to be set and applied first before the secret menu items turn visible. You knew that, right? No? You'd have figured it out in a few weeks of pulling your hair out, dont worry...) and that avatar has root motion, and you go to the import/animations tab, there's some dropdowns. Root Motion Rotation/Based Upon(At Start) then select Original. Try stuff like that.

5. aldrnari7635

aldrnari7635

can you dumb it down and be more clear? What buttons do i push to rotate one animation in the characters libary of 50 animations?