Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

How to rotate entire animation by 180

Discussion in 'Animation' started by aldrnari7635, Oct 7, 2018.

1. aldrnari7635

aldrnari7635

one of my animations is off. It's supposed to jump forward, but she turns around and jumps back. Is there a way to make her anitmations play facing the other direction. I found a way to set the start and stop times in the animation panel. Just need a way to turn her around by 180 Degrees. Anyone have any advice?

2. Automoda

Automoda

Check your import settings perhaps?

3. aldrnari7635

aldrnari7635

i'm not sure how that is supposed to help. Can you provide more details? I'm trying to get this arrow to point the exact oppsite direction.

Attached Files:

• fff.JPG
      fff.JPG
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  4. Automoda

Automoda

Well I had this kind of trouble -- So Unity has what it thinks is forward, but they keep that a secret from all artists until you have done a ton of work and you cant change it. Now, assuming the animation is on the correct avatar (import settings for the animation, rig tab-- This has to be set and applied first before the secret menu items turn visible. You knew that, right? No? You'd have figured it out in a few weeks of pulling your hair out, dont worry...) and that avatar has root motion, and you go to the import/animations tab, there's some dropdowns. Root Motion Rotation/Based Upon(At Start) then select Original. Try stuff like that.

5. aldrnari7635

aldrnari7635

can you dumb it down and be more clear? What buttons do i push to rotate one animation in the characters libary of 50 animations?