Search Unity

Resolved How to rig a model for animation in Blender, but also be humanoid in Unity?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by illsian, Sep 2, 2022.

1. illsian

illsian

I've been making some animations in Blender to import into Unity, and I've gotten them to work fine--provided I keep the rig generic. Because of the way I have the rig set up (certain bones unparented from each other but kept together using constraints), Unity isn't able to recognize it as a humanoid due to the hierarchy being all over the place. (For an example of how my rig is broken up, I've been using a few setups from Royal Skies' rigging guides on Youtube.)

I could probably get away with keeping them generic, but to be honest it would be nice to have the humanoid functionality.

If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated!

2. illsian

illsian

Actually I think I found the answer to my own question. Royal Skies rig guides use the actual hands and feet as the IK controller; it's possible to keep the humanoid hierarchy if you keep them parented to each other with Keep Offset, and then only control them with IK proxies.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  3. cyberstrong

cyberstrong

can you explain a little bit more ? im having kinda the same problem

i've been importing an FBX model with automatic bone orientation and make some animations,but when i tried to export FBX from blender to unity humanoid, the bone rotations seems to be all wrong.

Attached Files: