Search Unity

How to restrict asset to specific type in folder?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Peter77, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I want to add pack all scenes under a specific folder to a bundle, my setup looks like this:

upload_2020-3-12_14-48-36.png

The reason why I use a folder rather than the scene directly is, if a new "chunk" scene is created, I don't need to manually add that one etoo. Thje chunk just gets packed into the same bundle without further adjustments.

However, I want the group to include *.unity files only, because the current setup causes a build warning, because it also includes the editor only lighting assets:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Type LightingDataAsset is in editor assembly UnityEditor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.  Asset location with internal id assets/scenes/game_world_01/game_world_01/LightingData.asset will be stripped.
    Where can I specify that Addressables should pull in only the scene files in that folder and its sub-folders?

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

3. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

Peter77 likes this.
  4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Thanks for your answer!

I would be surprised if Addressables isn't supporting this already, because it's one of the very first use-cases I can think of how I'd add addressable content.

Someone from Unity here to shed in some light?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  5. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

I have it on good authority that the existence of Favo's importer pushed that feature further back the queue.

JoNax97 likes this.