Search Unity

How to restore the brightness of the display?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pleasurehouse, Apr 14, 2021.

1. pleasurehouse

pleasurehouse

Yesterday I updated to the latest version of Unity. Now I notice that the game display and scene look much darker than before. It is as if you are seeing it through sunglasses. I've been trying everything I can but haven't been able to find the option to increase the screen brightness. Does anyone know where the brightness is adjusted?
    Thank you!!

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

File or Edit , Preferences or Options, depending on what platform you're on.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

4. pleasurehouse

pleasurehouse

Hola!! Gracias por contestar!!
    He estado trasteando por ahí también y no noto ningún cambio...
    En realidad siempre se ve oscuro y en el modo escena también... incluso sin darle al play... aunque en el display se ve mas oscuro que en la escena...
    Es como si tuviera un canvas con una imagen negra con el alfa a la mitad.... (o como si mirara la pantalla con gafas de sol... super raro todo)... En un juego 2D... nunca puse luces ni nada y se veía bien hasta que actualicé Unity...
    ¿Podría tener algo que ver la cámara o el cinemachine?
    Gracias y Saludos!!

5. pleasurehouse

pleasurehouse

That is not the problem... i have the dark mode long time ago... i updated unity each time they released a new version.
    And I like the dark mode!! it is cool!!

The problem is the brightness ... or something related to the camera ... the question is that the display looks as if it had some kind of a filter that darkens it ... (it looks like a black image with the alpha at 50% )... very rare..

Thank you so much!!

Joe-Censored likes this.
  6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Are you using the post processing stack? There's several effects which can result in similar behavior to what you describe. Also, are you seeing this just in the Game View, or over the entire Editor? If you create an entirely new camera, and disable the original, do you see the same issue? Do you see this in an empty project?

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.postprocessing@3.1/manual/index.html

pleasurehouse likes this.
  7. pleasurehouse

pleasurehouse

Are you using the post processing stack?
    Nope!!

Also, are you seeing this just in the Game View, or over the entire Editor?
    Game View only!!

If you create an entirely new camera, and disable the original, do you see the same issue?
    Yes, i did! the problem persist!! It look much better when i put a black background!! ("the contrast help")

Do you see this in an empty project?
    New projects looks good... is my current project problem only... i mean, unity works perfect but my project has some configuration wrong.

I just need to increase the brightness a little bit....

Thank you so much for oyu help

8. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

In this case, have you looked at the intensity on the lights in your scene, as well as Environment Lighting in the Lighting window? The issue could just be the lighting in the scene instead of a camera or "screen brightness".

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/lighting-window.html

aWiseOldMan likes this.
  9. pleasurehouse

pleasurehouse

I don't have lights in my game ... none ... I never had them .. it's a 2D game ... When I started doing it, it worked pretty well without lights so I thought they wouldn't be necessary. But now it looks the same as after a sunset. Do you think it would be convenient to put lights? Or in a 2D game it is not necessary?

10. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I don't do much 2D, so maybe it is my misunderstanding. Hopefully someone who does a lot of 2D can pop in here.

11. pleasurehouse

pleasurehouse

OK, Thank you so much for your help Joe!! Very very appreciated!!

Joe-Censored likes this.
  12. aWiseOldMan

aWiseOldMan

I had a similar problem and environment lighting turned out to be the thing I was looking for! Seems like Unity updates like to mess with those settings.

Joe-Censored likes this.