Search Unity

How to replace synced Cinema 4D scene with FBX?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by ccburton, Jul 1, 2019.

1. ccburton

ccburton

Hi, I am having to update a fairly old (Unity 5.3.5) project that took advantage of the now (less) supported Cinema 4D project file syncing. So in the project hierarchy are .c4d scenes that Unity was background converting to FBX, with scripts attached to various objects and so on. This automatic conversion has been broken in Unity for awhile (or is at least far more unstable), and I want to replace the c4d asset with an FBX.

I can't seem to find an easy way to do this that maintains all of the post-import script assignment and tweaks. What I want is for this prefab pointing to "Scene1.c4d" to instead be pointing to "Scene1.fbx". Supposedly the c4d was being background converted to fbx *anyway* but I can't seem to find a way to make this work. Anyone?

2. ccburton

ccburton

Hey, kinda figured this out in case it helps anyone in the future stuck with .c4d files in a project hierarchy. I exported the c4d to an FBX. Then I opened a fresh C4D scene, imported the FBX, then saved that C4D scene overwriting the original C4D project. Then it updates correctly in Unity.

3. jmdeb

jmdeb