Search Unity

Question How to render materials from Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by faulknordonald, May 23, 2023.

1. faulknordonald

faulknordonald

So, I did actually "learn" this, but I feel as if the tutorial was incomplete.

I know when assets are downloaded and imported, they often show up pink. My understanding is that you apply the appropriate rendering option to the material. This will always get rid of the pink, but not always render the materials properly.

I am using Universal Render Pipeline. When I apply URP/lit to materials, such as this one: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/eight-ball-rack-24730#asset_quality the materials just show up as a light gray.

I suppose some clarification is needed. Do I use the rendering that I have in my project or the rendering the material was made with originally? If so, how do I find the rendering the material was made with?

I would appreciate some education on fixing this issue. Thank You very much.

2. faulknordonald

faulknordonald

Nevermind. I fixed it. I always skip the step to apply the texture to the material. ugh.