Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove the Unity Editor startup splash screen?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by flim, Mar 1, 2011.

1. flim

flim

It is so annoying that thing popup every time when I switch project. :mad:

I believe it make sense to add a setting in the Preference to check show or hide the startup splash screen. Please add it in 3.3.

2. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

O___o;;

3. HolBol

HolBol

Well it kinda is there for a reason- it's the application loading!!

4. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

This. If you remove the splash, it will still take the same time to actually load, just without the image.

Though is it possible to replace it? I want to put something from my own collection there :D

5. HolBol

HolBol

If you pull apart the exe or application, maybe. Probs easier to do on a mac, actually. I recall managing to be able to do that sort of stuff in mac os 10.3... good times.

6. dw

dw

I changed mine like this.
    $splash_change.jpg

you can replace original image resource with empty PNG to "remove" splash screen.

7. MACHIN3

MACHIN3

I'm also interested in removing the Editor Splash. Especially so, when running Unity in -batchmode.
    For some odd reason, the splash will still come up. The Editor itself will be headless once launched, but in the process of launching the splash/a window comes up. Super annoying and unnecessary.

edit: To make matters worse, the Editor Splash steals and requires focus. You can't force it to run minimized or on another workspace(via the window manager config for instance) without Unity being stopped in its tracks. The splash needs focus or Unity won't load.
    That's just terrible, but especially for the -batchmode.

edit2: The -nographics flag does exactly what I need, and unlike what the docs say, works under linux too.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017