Search Unity

How to remove text on live game

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by KyleL144, Aug 9, 2019.

1. KyleL144

KyleL144

I have created a scene with a black background with some text and when i click on the play button to see the scene live, then the following text is on it:

Display 1
    No camera rendering

Here is a screenshot of the text that i wish to remove

remove text.png

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

That text is only in the editor. It won't be in the build. It is there to tell you about the problem in your scene, specifically that you aren't rendering anything because there is no camera. Add a camera.

3. KyleL144

KyleL144

So when I launch the full game on android ect, then that will not be there

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You don't have a camera in the scene. Generally that is a problem. What you will most likely see is either a black screen, or whatever was previously displayed before this scene was loaded. The text is not coming from your game, but from the editor trying to hold a megaphone to your ear to make sure you know about the problem in your scene.

If you don't understand why not having a camera is an issue, please visit the documentation on cameras, what they are for, and why they basically are required in your scene for it to work correctly.

KyleL144 likes this.
  5. KyleL144

KyleL144

Okay gotcha. I just added a camera and it took away the above. Thanks for assisting :)

Joe-Censored likes this.