Search Unity

Question How to remove bidding?

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by mzr, Jul 30, 2022.

1. mzr

mzr

Hi.
    I accidentally enabled bidding for Unity Ads. I see no way of disabling it.
    I don't want it to be used.
    What can I do?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  2. Ortiz_Daniel

Ortiz_Daniel

Unity Technologies

Hi @mzr, thanks for reaching out.

Unity Bidding is tied into our mediation solution and will always be enabled for waterfalls going forward.

Waterfalls that pre-date bidding support will not be forced to make the switch, but once enabled you will not be able to rollback the decision.

If you are hesitant to try our bidding, I would recommend trying out our A/B testing tool with your waterfalls to see how bidding impacts your performance.

3. mzr

mzr

I see.
    Can you please explain to me how does bidding work with the "Sort by eCPM Target" category?
    It seems like ads are taken from all three lists (Backfill, Bidding and Sort by eCPM Target), but I didn't find any explanation about the exact process for that.
    I understand that backfill is used if you don't get an ad from other sources, but I'd appreciate if you could tell me what happens before that.

4. Ortiz_Daniel

Ortiz_Daniel

Unity Technologies

Yeah of course, when publishers use Bidding and Sort by eCPM line items we call them Hybrid waterfalls. The interaction is described below:

• Bidders respond with a single price and the highest price wins the bid.

• The winning bid is compared to the eCPM target line items in descending order. It does this by comparing the winning bid price with the eCPM targets of traditional waterfall line items.

• The highest eCPM value between the traditional waterfall line items and the winning bid is the ultimate winner in a hybrid waterfall.

• Backfill line items are only called if there are no sort be eCPM line items for the winning bid to be compared to.

Note: A hybrid waterfall can contain bidding and traditional line items from the same network, however if the network participates in bidding, the traditional line items will not be included for the same request.

playsuga and mzr like this.
  5. mzr

mzr

That's an awesome explanation! Thank you!
    I guess I will try the hybrid approach then.