Search Unity

How to reload addressable without restart game?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Akiracc, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Akiracc

Akiracc

Hello~
    My game download all data before login. When resources updated, server will tell all player. Then they will return to login scene to re-download all new bundles.
    However, the only way to reload addressables seems like kill the process and restart the game?

Any method like Addressables.Shutdown or Addressables.Reload or Addressables.CheckUpdate?

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

We don't have anything like this yet. It's on the to-do list, but it gets fairly complicated. AssetBundles are very particular about how they are loaded and used. Since we are built on top of them, there are a few hurdles to making this work well.

As discussed in some other threads, our first step will probably just be the ability to detect a new catalog, and optionally download the content for it (without being able to unload old, then load from new). Step two will be the while-open-reload.

3. HugoClip

HugoClip

I have this working atm, the AssetBundle load and unload was by far the one worst problems to solve. Having multiple bundles with the same name causes a whole bunch of headaches. You need to really know what you are doing and even then it's not completely fail proof, I'm pretty sure my system is not working 100%. If you would like I can do quick description on how it works so you can get an idea on how to create your own.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  4. DanMcElroyHuuuge

DanMcElroyHuuuge

Hey, this is an old thread but that would be super helpful @HugoClip

5. DanMcElroyHuuuge

DanMcElroyHuuuge

Just to be clear: the ability to unload an Addressable scene, then load it again later (for example, if that scene was a minigame) does not currently exist?

6. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

No, this has nothing to do with reloading addressable scenes and assets, it's about updating and reloading assets that have remotely been updated on your server.

7. DanMcElroyHuuuge

DanMcElroyHuuuge

Interesting. If interested in my (unrelated) issue, see here.

8. csantosbh

csantosbh

Any update on this? It would be really useful for some applications.

9. u_ladon

u_ladon

Addressables.CheckForCatalogUpdates();
    Addressables.UpdateCatalogs();

and recreate object instance with
    Addressables.Release( asyncinstnceoperationofinstantination );

JoRangers likes this.
  10. unity_Prateek

unity_Prateek

Hi,
    How can i download all assets from server on one click

11. VaygrEmpire

VaygrEmpire

you'd literally create a button, call custom function that loads addressables on click. How custom function handle downloading, that's up to you though. If you are asking if there's a way to download every addressables with one line of code, there's no such thing.

12. SevenPointRed

SevenPointRed

Just checking if there is any update on this? I cant find any way to force a reload if something fails ( due to wifi handover or signal loss on mobile )

13. Morphus74

Morphus74

Was there ever any update on this issue ?

14. mdsaidov98

mdsaidov98

Please, any solutions for Refreshing Addressables??