Search Unity

Resolved How to reference the HDRP Decal Projector

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by REDACT3D_, Sep 5, 2022.

1. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

Hey guys,

I'm looking to reference the HDRP Decal Projector Components properties using Visual Scripting Nodes.
    Can anyone throw me a hint on how to get this done?

I believe I'll need to add the node assembly and regenerate. but can't seem to locate it. Anyone know what it would be named? I usually just type the name of the missing component into the assembly search thing and it pops up. Maybe I'm wrong and it's alredy built-in but under some other name?

Whatcha' guys think?

Attached Files:

2. POOKSHANK

POOKSHANK

i'm not on hdrp but if I had to guess it's probably not built into bolt and you'll have to write a script for your purposes. I have to do this for all post processing related stuff for example.

3. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

can't seem to find any examples of the HDRP Decal Projector being called in any code.
    can find lots related to the regular Decal Projector for URP and the nodes for that are built into Visual Scripting, just not the HDRP.

what would the regular script look like if one was to reference it old-school?

4. POOKSHANK

POOKSHANK

5. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

okay thanks bud.
    if I ever figure it out, I'll throw the answer up here.

POOKSHANK likes this.
  6. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

Okay Figured it out.
    For anyone who wants to add functionality for the HDRP Decal Projector with Visual Scripting, Here's how to do it.

1): Go into Project Settings to view your Node Library. Select the Drop-down arrow to show all your Assemblies. Scroll Down the list and add assemblies for HDRP as shown. (note: I just added all 3 HDRP for blanket coverage)
    assembly.PNG
    Make sure to hit Generate

Next: we go over to the Type Options window and follow the path to the Decal Projector though Unity Engine>
    Rendering<High definition and scroll down to Decal Projector.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

Now, you have the node available!
    I'll just drag and drop the HDRP component from the side onto the graph and bam, it works.
    Don't even need to tell it to refresh or anything, it just works as you would think.

7. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

lop.gif fade2.gif fade.gif

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    PolyToots and POOKSHANK like this.