Search Unity

How to redirect/copy animation keyframes to other pieces

Discussion in 'Animation' started by SoftwareGeezers, Jan 22, 2015.

1. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Having rigged my anim, I found my body piece was named "Body " with a trailing space (invisible in the editor), messing code up. I renamed it to "Body" and now my animations on that piece are broken.

How can I copy the keyframes from the old, broken "Body " target to the newly added "Body" target? Or better yet, redirect the "Body " target to "Body"?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Interesting problem.
    I'm sorry I don't have the answer but I'm interested in any solutions others come up with.

Why don't you re-export/import the animations? I'm guessing the question is the animations were created in Unity?
    Does this help any?
    Or this?

3. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

I just manually changed them in the end. The export/import may have worked though. Thanks for the suggestion.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. Vray

Vray

In order to copy frames I used motion builder. after that i set the frames times that i wanted, I unchecked everything so the only thing that saves are the animation tracks, afterwords all you would have to do after that is merge the file you just saved to an animated file then save the file. when you import all the animations will be separated, I hope this helps!