Search Unity

How to put shortcut on terrain stamp height?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Rowlan, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

The new terrain brush shortcuts are nice. However, there doesn't seem to be a shortcut for setting the terrain stamp height except with the mouse wheel as before.

sh.png

Or is there a way to change the height via shortcut similar to the brush size / opacity / rotation? The mouse wheel is just too inaccurate.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. wyattt_

wyattt_

Unity Technologies

What would you want it to be? Or I guess what is the ideal workflow for you?

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

I suggest the same as e. g. with the scaling. For scaling the brush you can hold S now and move the mouse. Same would be awesome for the stamp height feature, e. g. hold H and move mouse left/right.

By the way I just noticed that scaling the brush and changing the opacity via shortcut doesn't work in the "Paint Texture" mode.

4. wyattt_

wyattt_

Unity Technologies

Ok noted. I think about how that might work with other tools with auxiliary controls

The Paint Texture Tool will get it's update in 19.2. I thought we had at least updated it with the brush controllers, etc but that must have been taken out before releasing the 19.1 package