Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on March 30, 2023, between 5 am & 1 pm EST, in the Performance Profiling Dev Blitz Day 2023 - Q&A forum and Discord where you can connect with our teams behind the Memory and CPU Profilers.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How to put a (looping) animation on an imported .VRM (VRoid)?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by MeowMilk06, Nov 12, 2020.

1. MeowMilk06

MeowMilk06

I want to make the tail constantly wag on my VRoid model, but it seems the animation I made won't play. Does anyone know how to get the animation to work? The preview looks fine but when I hit play nothing happens. I tried both using an animation controller and just the animation component, tried with legacy on and off, tried enabling and disabling "apply root motion", nothing works. I tried deleting all those extra components it puts on the model and it still doesn't work. It's possible the tail physics are interfering but I can't figure out where they are located, so I can't delete them. If anyone has an idea on where they are (or otherwise knows a fix), please let me know. Google hasn't been very helpful.

2. MeowMilk06

MeowMilk06

nevermind, i figured it out. the spring bones were the issue and they were under "secondary". whoops