Search Unity

Question How to prevent TMPro texts from being affected by post processing?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by xeon321, Mar 27, 2020.

1. xeon321

xeon321

Hi, I am currently having an issue where the TMPro text is being affected by post processing, it made the text's color looks way off than what it should be. (eg: white color text looks like gray color text).

Is there any way for me to prevent TMPro text from being affected by post processing?

2. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

You can do a custom shadergraph shader for you text, set in transparent mode and after post process rendering pass.

3. xeon321

xeon321

That's the thing though, I don't think TMPro's text shaders are open source? And if I use Unity's Text, it works but it looks really bad when its small.

4. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure if that's your issue with "bad looking text", but for Unity's Text to look better, I used to divide the character size by X and then multiply the font size by X to have a better defined/resolution text.

5. xeon321

xeon321

I just found TMPro's shader (it's not shader graph compatible obviously) what can I write to prevent it from being affected by post processing? I tried changing the render queue, doesn't work, the text just stops rendering.

What I am doing at the moment is, set the font size to really high and then scale it down to like 0.1 or something.
    It looks good when the scale is big enough, but the moment the scale is small OR the text is far (world space)
    then the text starts to look like this
    upload_2020-3-27_23-46-12.png

chap-unity likes this.